Monday, April 6, 2009

The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail - Book Review by Emily



The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail by Jerome Lawrence and Robert Edmund Lee

The play The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail was a little to dramatized for my own personal interest, but if you like a story of a person who goes against what is expected of him then you'll love The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail. Thoreau seems to be a transcendentalist who disagrees with always doing what's expected of you, and going against others wishes to do what you believe in. In my opinion I found that Thoreau thought to highly of his own opinion, and tried to make others understand his beliefs without any consideration of his family or loved ones. There are some thing in this play I agree with and other I disagree with. It proved to be an interesting read, that you definitely learn more about yourself by reading it.


Review by Emily

No comments: