Monday, June 22, 2009

Teens Top Ten Nominations - Identical by Ellen Hopkins

This week's book is Identical by Ellen Hopkins!


Identical teenage twins, Raeanne and Kaeleigh, respond in totally opposite ways to the abuse and abandonment from their parents. One twin finds bulimia and cutting eases the pain and helps her to maintain her passivity, while the other, more rebellious twin sinks into the world of drugs and sex.


"This book was my first introduction to Ellen Hopkins and to novels in verse. I was hooked! I went on to read her other books and enjoyed them all, but this one was my favorite, and I highly recommend it!" - Tonya Oswalt, YA Services Assistant, Bossier Central Library


Check back next week for information about the next book on the 2009 Teens' Top Ten Nominations list!

No comments: