Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Poetry Submission

Disalignment by Mitch Winters

And how do I back down now? For through my betrayal I've found her.
Her words that both soothe and stab.

My equal and opposite number, standing atop her walls as I do mine.
Hearts surrounded in stone more formidable than the most intimidating of nature's mountains and sunk into fetid, acidic pits born of rejection. Irony jumps to my mind. How odd that we relate on what separates us from the masses. Both of us, not just tossed as trash but dropped to the ground like putrid and smoldering steel, assaulting the senses and melting the flesh of those around us.

Why is it I'm doomed to find happiness in transgression?
Is this what makes men evil? If so, is this what I am?
And above all else, am I in Love?




Would you like to submit your own poetry to be posted in the Bossier Parish Library teen blog? Email questions or submissions to yaservices@bossierlibrary.org!

No comments: