Friday, June 1, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars - Book Review by Lindsay


The Fault In Our Stars  by John Green

16 year-old Hazel was diagnosed wth cancer at the age of 12, she's put on all sorts of medications, and has to carry around an oxygen tank eveywhere because her "lungs suck at being lungs". The drugs help keep her tumors at bay, but she realizes she's never going to get completely better. Hazel would spend all day watching "America's Next Top Model", or reading her favorite book, "An Imperial Affliction", all day, every day if she could, but her mom forces her to attend a support group for cancer kids. One group meeting, she meets this guy, Augustus Waters, who was forced to come by his friend Issac, and is currently in remission from osteosarcoma. Augustus takes an immediate interest to Hazel, and changes her life, completely.

This is a seriously amazing book, it's not like any other "cancer book" out there. The book is actually hilarious, and it plays with your emotions. The only time I wasn't laughing, I was crying. The ending was so sad, it didn't happen the way I expected it to, but I loved it. I will read probably read this book a bunch more times, and never get tired of it. In my opinion, this is John Green's best book yet. I highly reccomend this book. I promise, you won't regret reading it.


Book Review by Lindsay

No comments: